Thursday, August 29, 2013

bouncing flash

I rarely write anything other than titles and numbers on here. I'd rather leave the rambling at my other blog. However, this is a blog where I am experimenting with different things in photography as well so it would be beneficial to me to keep track of what I'm testing out at the moment. Now, I don't normally utilize flash. I have to use it for a lot of events due to low-lighting, but I strive to use whatever natural light is available. Recently, Nick Gerber reviewed some equipment. I was surprised at how natural he made the flash look! Nick is always kind enough to respond to any questions I or others pose. As someone still learning, I greatly appreciate it. Today, I experimented with bouncing flash off of the walls of my room so that it the light would look as natural as possible and not so harshly lit. These are my results.


Untitled
two hundred thirty five/365
Untitled
two hundred thirty six/365
Untitled
two hundred thirty seven/365
Untitled
two hundred thirty eight/365