Wednesday, March 26, 2014

mind contents

Untitled

Sometimes, I'm hesitant to post images that I think others would be critical of. "Oh, it's a foot with light on it. Boo. Whatever. Records. Blah." But why should I censor what I like for the sake of others? I've never understood people who will take the time to comment that they dislike a blog. The internet is a vast place with endless websites. Move on. No need to troll.
I've been collaborating with Chiara Cianniello, an Italian photographer with an eye for capturing amazing light. She reached out to me, which is great because I'm always nervous about reaching out to others about collaborating. Through emails and photo exchanges, we're getting to know each other better in order to better critique and encourage each other's work. It's giving me great pleasure because I don't have photographer friends nearby. In fact, most of my photographer-friend community is online. I've already reached out to Nick Gerber, who offered budding photographers a chance to photo-walk with him for in-the-moment critiquing/training. Lensblr is a fantastic community on Tumblr that promotes original photographers. It's how I've come across amazing work of people that are constantly inspiring me to change my views a bit every time.
My current collaboration with Chiara is one of self-portraiture of an ideal day. I went a different route due to the loss of yet another quick release plate for my tripod. I gathered items representative of such an ideal day. Enough rambling. Onto the photographs.


Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
sixty-eight through seventy-one